Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolution 1: Blog.


 So, I feel like New Year's resolutions get a bad rap; sure, six months from now less than half of those who made a resolution this year will still be working to achieve it. Yet still. I think there's something to be said about a fresh start, a clean slate if you will, that makes the new year an exciting time to better ourselves. When thinking of my own resolutions this year (which I will get to in a minute), I couldn't help but correlate the fresh start of a new year to the redemption that has been offered for my life to give me a clean slate. Through Christ,  I am "a new creation, the old has passed away"(2 Cor. 5:17) and daily I'm offered forgiveness and grace to "put to death my sinful nature." (Romans 8:13). What an amazing gift-- and something I do not deserve and that gives me great JOY everyday.
    As I said earlier, I enjoy New Year's resolutions; because I like setting goals, and I like accomplishing tasks. Even though I'm a list maker and I enjoy any opportunity to make a list, a wonderful friend (and new pen pal) of mine, Sarah Everett, gave me the idea to make a "vision board" of all my goals for 2012. Since I'm also in need of something to hang up in my office/craft room, I jumped all over the idea and made one that night! 











This is it, I haven’t hung it up yet because I’m not sure if it’s done just yet. I showed it to Dawson’s mom yesterday, and she really encouraged me by saying that she thought that a key to life was to have vision and goals in it. That’s a summary not a direct quote. But it made my day! I think it’s important for me to remember and for me to say, that when it comes to trying to do life in our own strength, we will ultimately fail. We need the Holy Spirit to empower us to live the lives Christ has called us to live. 


Oh, and Happy New Year from me, Conner, and my double (nah, triple) chin.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment