Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Daddy Day!








"
A wise child brings joy to their father,
but a foolish child brings grief to their mother
"
Proverbs 10:1
    

    I have been so blessed with the wonderful gift of a great father! This year I was so thankful to also be given a great father-in-law and stepfather-in-law. I woke up this morning thinking about memories my dad and I have shared, recalling our first father-daughter dance when I was in girl scouts (mostly a disaster!), our trips to the cottage in Canada ( where we visited most summers, and where Dawson asked him his permission to marry me), countless camping trips, and Dawson and I's wedding. I haven't always been a "wise" child; but when he says he's proud of me, I can tell that I've brought him joy. He lives in Russia now (here) and I totally miss seeing him. Now, I cherish every time I get to talk to him or skype with him- it's crazy how we take for granted just being able to talk with our parents and family!

    I just really wanted to thank all dads out there: especially the ones God has blessed me with. Thanks for being strong, caring, and a joy to me. And I can't help but give a shout out to God: the ultimate Father.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely it is pretty amazing how much we take the time we have with our parents for granted... even though we don't understand in our unwise youth, they are the ones who guide us and try to make us into wise adults! Thank you Dad's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little,
    Pretty sure this post made me tear up... what you said is so true! I have totally found that as I have gotten older and more independent I realize just how wonderful my dad is!
    You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete