Saturday, June 18, 2011

Something worth Catching

"Some things are taught, other things are
caught."
–Beth Moore

Working at an urgent care clinic for a couple years, I know what it happens when we hear the word contagious.

        "How contagious?"

        "Can I catch it just being near them?"

        "How long it must I stay away?"

        "Where's the Lysol?"

However, I wonder if we have ever considered there being something worth catching? I want, and what I'm trying to say is, I want something that others can't help but catch after they've been with me. I want to live a life so complete in the love of Christ…that I don't have to use words to explain.

A contagious joy is what I want.

Jesus says:

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

-John 15:11


 

So, if you want: Join me. For ramblings on what a person with contagious joy looks like, what the bible has to say about joy, the things that give me joy, and on my journey of letting the truths of Christ make my joy complete…and contagious.


 


 

1 comment:

  1. A contagious joy that sounds excellent!

    John 15:10-11
    If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

    ReplyDelete